What a Cinco de Mayo celebration without a spicy margarita cocktail? A Jalapeno Margarita is the best margarita recipe for Cinco de Mayo! Spicy and delicious, these margaritas are made with fresh lime juice and agave syrup. Make a single cocktail or whip up a pitcher for a crowd.
- Kosher salt and a lime wedge to rim the glass
- 2 ounces silver tequila (about 3 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (about 1 large or 1 1/2 small limes; do not use bottled lime juice, as it will have a very off flavor)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice (about 1/2 small/medium orange)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons light agave nectar (add 2 if you prefer a sweeter margarita)
- 1/4 to 1/2 jalapeno pepper, cut into thin, round slices (use more for more spice)
- Lime wedges, additional jalapeno slices for serving
- Rim the glass: Pour a thin layer of salt onto a small plate. Rub a lime wedge around the top edge of your glass to moisten it, then dip the glass into the salt so that it sticks, tapping all the way around. Fill the glass with ice and set aside.
- Fill a small cocktail shaker with additional ice. Add the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, agave, and jalapeno slices. Tightly close and shake vigorously for 30 seconds (it’s longer than you think). Strain into the rimmed glass. Enjoy immediately, garnished with lime wedges and additional jalapeno slices.
- Decorate your table with some fringe, Cinco de Mayo beads, and you can use some jumbo margarita glasses.